The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for handling multiple, often fast-track equipment rebuild/repair/modification projects in the field of environmental air pollution control for customers in diverse industries across North America and Asia. Project size ranges from $20K to $1M. The PM performs project & process engineering, generates & maintains the schedule, forecasts & maintains all costs & scope changes. Manages all communication with the Customer. The PM develops mechanical scopes of work and requisitions mechanical equipment and subcontractors. Works closely with the Sales, Purchasing, Accounting, Manufacturing, Field Operations and Service departments to ensure successful project completion. Some travel is required, potentially overseas
- Single point of contact for all communication with Customer, including contract terms, scope, schedule, and warranty.
- Review Customer specifications and Dürr proposal.
- Confirmation of project scope versus originally estimated costs.
- Generate project Budget.
- Generate and manage all phases of Project Schedule including engineering, equipment procurement, subcontractor procurement, fabrication, installation, start-up, and handover.
- Generate Project Expediting Report.
- Management of multidiscipline/cross functional project team to ensure schedule, cost and scope adherence.
- Responsible for process engineering and specification of mechanical components (fans, burner/combustion systems, valve systems) necessary for updated or modified system function. For complex projects Engineering dept. support will be provided.
- Generate mechanical Bills of Equipment suitable for equipment purchase.
- Manage all project documentation and ability to work in the Dürr "Project Center" environment.
- Ability to learn and work within SAP
- Generate mechanical fabrication & installation scopes of work.
- Revise the system Sequence of Operation to reflect system modifications.
- Management of all subcontracts including engineering, fabrication, and installation.
- Maintain contact with internal and external Sales representatives for work planned in their areas.
- Tracking and forecasting of project costs in preparation for formal monthly cost reporting.
- Define, estimate, and interface with Customer for all project Customer change requests (CCRs).
- Troubleshooting and resolution of engineering, fabrication, installation, system start-up, and performance issues.
- Manage the creation and final review of updated O&M documents.
- Manage project closeout including interpretation of Customer specification, lessons-learned, proposal language and applicable regulations.
- Ensuring Customer satisfaction.
- Implementation of the Dürr Corporate Project Management Manual and Quality proceduress
- Management of the project warranty account and resolution of warranty related issues.
- Responsible for the coordination of a cross-functional team consisting of members from the following departments: Mechanical Design, Electrical Engineering, Purchasing & Subcontracting, Manufacturing, Field Operations, Field Service/commissioning, Accounting
- Accountable for generating and maintaining project budgets, including cost forecasting.
- Measurable financial project performance is a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for Project Manager
- Invoicing according to Contract Terms
- Basic knowledge of Controls Engineering a plus
- Electrical hardwire drawings
- Basic PLC control principles
- Basic knowledge of sheet metal & structural fabrication
- Basic understanding of heavy equipment installation procedures
- Ability to read equipment drawings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in engineering preferred
- Five years experience as a project engineer in the custom capital equipment business
- Two years experience in field of project management
- Air pollution control equipment experience preferred
- Professional and technical verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of engineering principals in the field of fluid mechanics, industrial fan application, combustion systems, thermal dynamics
- Diplomatic and negotiation skills with Customers, business unit departments, and suppliers
- Self motivating with excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Team oriented and motivating
- Ability to travel and hold a current passport
- Physically able to climb ladders and stairs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Project)
- Basic knowledge of accounting principals
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Work Locations: 26801 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48033