As a part of the Shared Services-Purchasing group, the Buyer will participate in a variety of types of projects. This includes Paint Shop Construction, Conveyor, Robot, Application Equipment and Pollution Control Equipment Fabrication and Installation. The Buyer will be responsible for all procurement activities, from the time engineering documents are received to placement of the order and any necessary change orders.
- Perform bid administration and contract buyouts for industrial and automotive type equipment, construction and specialty fabrication. This includes generating complete bid documents for issuance as RFQs to bidders, providing answers to all bidders for any questions that occur during the bid cycle, reviewing bids and creating pricing comparison summaries, coordinating and documenting clarification meetings with potential subcontractor/suppliers, and negotiating final pricing.
- Create Purchase Orders in SAP, maintain SAP data and reports as needed
- Maintain material standards and information accuracy in SAP for purchased parts
- Supplier Development - investigate and develop potential sources for fabrications and subcontracts
- Produce and maintain various purchasing department related reports
- Attend and support purchasing department and project related meetings
- Travel to automotive and industrial job sites throughout the US as required. 25% travel to project jobsites to support on-site project team with purchasing issues and functions. Additional international travel may be necessary for training purposes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preferred 3+ years Purchasing experience, if possible in the automotive environment
- Bachelor Degree Supply chain/logistics, engineering, construction management or equivalent experience
- Bachelor Degree in an engineering or construction management discipline will be considered in lieu of purchasing experience
- Experience with engineering drawings and technical documents (i.e. layout, sectional drawings)
- Good organization and time management skills ability to work on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong negotiation skills are required
- Motivated, self-starting individual capable of executing assigned tasks and solving problems in a professional manner
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Knowledge of construction installation requirements for both automotive and non-automotive industry preferred
- Good communication skills, capable of facilitating and documenting meetings
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Work Locations: 26801 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48033