Customer Support Specialist in the Service department is responsible for the identification and development of technical solutions in order to quote following customer leads. This technical solutions development role will provide support for the Service department as directed. The position will provide necessary Sales support in order to understand the customer reason for the opportunity, understand the root cause / requirement and identify / develop the most appropriate solution.
- Site customer visits are an important function to identify opportunities and development of specific solutions.
- Close co-operation with both the Durr Southfield and Southern Service centers including location visits
- Provide customer support, attend customer meetings and actively pursue modification and expansion opportunities at the facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring awarded projects are kicked off and steer in the right direction from a technical solution perspective “as sold” and as per customer’s expectations.
- Extended hours may be necessary as work load’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Flexibility of travel a must to support as necessary. Travel away from home base is estimated at 30%.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 15 years technical operation and engineering expertise specifically relating to paint shop process equipment and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, and engineering troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal groups of different disciplines as well as with customers, management and skilled trades.
- Familiar with instrumentation and process control.
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Work Locations: 26801 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48033