The ideal candidate will use electrical design concepts, equipment specifications, calculations, and project management to engineer products that meet performance, cost and time constraints.
- Use of sound electrical design methodologies in the development of industrial machinery hardware design.
- Produce program software - Specify and write software for PLC's and microprocessor based control systems using provided reference programs.
- Specify, program, and troubleshoot variable speed and servo drive systems
- Produce/program software - Specify and write machine operator interface software, both local and supervisory.
- Ability to understand high level process functionality in a variety of industries.
- Specify, test, calibrate, and incorporate electrical instrumentation into overall machine design.
- Investigate customer issues, determine nature and extent of problem, and resolve.
- Startup/debug a variety of Megtec Systems products at customer site.
- Integrate equipment from many sub-suppliers into a common control package.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
- Manage project scheduling and provide coordination of electrical functions associated with the project.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of components and equipment.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years or more related experience
- MS Office Suite, Previous experience with Oracle Helpful
- Previous experience associated with the successful start-up, integration or design of printing and coating lines is a plus.
Job Type: Salaried - Salaried Full Time Exempt
DOE Clearance Required?: No
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time