As a MAT2 (Michigan Advanced Technician Training) student you'll rotate between attending classes and working at Dürr Systems for the first three years. Mechatronics is the hands-on work that makes sure advanced machinery functions as designed electrically and mechanically and with computer control. You will be exposed to many different aspects of the Dürr business group. This includes robot simulations, proposal, logistics, in-house manufacturing, lab work and installation. With the Dürr group you will travel to Germany for a series of apprenticeship training sessions.
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Work with basic machinery
- Assemble equipment to prints
- Commission and document as necessary
- Provide a weekly report on activates
- Assist in launching new equipment
- Communicate well with colleagues
- Be familiar with pneumatic circuitry
- Be adaptable, flexible, self-motivated, and willing to work as part of a team
- Prepare and take PAL exams for DIHK Certification (Deutsche Industrie und Handelskammerrn) (German American Chamber of Commerce)
- Practical exam that require the completion of a mechatronics sub system which includes a mid-term and final examination after year 2 and 3 of the apprenticeship.
- Certification is equivalent to the German Standard required of all German apprentices.
- High school diploma
- PC skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- The ability to use electric measuring equipment (e.g. Multimeter)
- Excellent commination skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license, passport, and be willing to travel domestically and internationally
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Work Locations: 26801 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48033