This position provides mechanical engineering support for Emission Control products with emphasis on Dry Electrostatic Precipitators. This person would be responsible for completing the Mechanical Engineering aspects of a project including design calculations, equipment layout, sizing components, and directing drafting resources to complete equipment production and layout drawing. This position directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.This position can be based in De Pere, WI or work from a remote location if desired.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans and oversees engineering projects, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements, in accordance with customer specifications
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Size components and design assemblies to release to designers to detail and finish. Releases standard and non-standard projects to manufacturing. Coordinates the manufacturing or building of products and components.
- Identifies and monitors project staffing requirements and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Interfaces with customers to provide status reports and ensure needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to project team and MEGTEC management.
- Supports Sales staff as needed in face of customers
- Works with Product Champion to propose changes in equipment, processes or use of materials, which would result in cost reductions or improvements in operations.
- Determine spare parts supply, maintenance tasks, safety procedures, and service schedules required to maintain machine and equipment in prescribed condition.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Travel to customer site to gather information to complete project and sometimes technical support during install.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- Experience: Seven to ten years related experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment with knowledge of pollution control equipment specifically Dry Electrostatic Precipitators.
- Multi-tasking - Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare/manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Collaborative – ability to work with international offices as required by project requirements, including engineering staff in India and/or fabrication facilities overseas.
Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Autocad and other pertinent systems. Oracle is a plus.
Job Type: Salaried - Salaried Full Time Exempt
DOE Clearance Required?: No