The electrical project engineer for conveyors will be responsible for taking the engineered electrical package for a conveyor project and working with the electrical department develop this design into installation bid package[s], then follow the package through the bidding process and into the field to supervise the installation seeing the package through to final acceptance by the customer. The electrical project engineer for conveyors will be responsible for the successful delivery of the electrical installation conveyors, on time & within the budget. Responsibilities include managing: scope compliance, time schedule, and changes.
- Be familiar with and apply as required Durr project execution procedures.
- Development of electrical installation bid packages, to include: detailed scope of work, specifications [based on Durr-Standards/Customer-Specifications].
- Participate with purchasing in bid evaluation and supplier selection.
- Coordinate interfaces with process and robots.
- Coordinate electrical/mechanical engineering to develop conveyor process description.
- Coordinating with the Process Mechanical and Electrical engineers, during the design process to ensure correct placement of the conveyor drives, equipment and maintenance access etc., in the 3D model.
- Coordinating with the Process Mechanical and Electrical engineers to develop the conveyor safety layout.
- Prepare Schedule of Values for the installation work, assess and approve percentages complete with the contractor and approve invoices.
- Provide weekly updates on percentages complete, for input into the master tracking schedule.
- Monitor site activities for contractor compliance with bid documents and associated changes [customer, supplier and internally initiated].
- Attend project coordination meetings as required.
- Prepare project progress updates for customer as required.
- Other activities as directed from time to time.
- Travel 50% to 60 % for client and contractor meetings, and site installation and start up support.
- Work Shut Downs and weekends as needed to meet client schedules
- Travel internationally for technical meetings and some installations (typically Mexico and Europe).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent years of experience
- 5 + years of experience working with automotive conveyors in paint, body, or final assembly
- 5 + years of experience working with conveyor electrical controls and PLC programming
- 5 + years of experience designing control panels and following sizing specifications
- 5 + years of experience supervising and installing large scale conveyor contracts
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and NFPA regulations (for volatile atmospheres)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs and use hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, height, weight, or any other protected status. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
Note to all Staffing Agencies: Dürr has a team of dedicated Human Resources professionals who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors on an as needed basis. We do not accept resumes from agencies that are not on our preferred vendor list and have not signed our Recruiting and Permanent Placement Contract. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Dürr will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
Primary Location: US-MI-Southfield
Work Locations: 26801 Northwestern Highway Southfield, MI 48033