The Application Engineer will have extensive interaction with our customer base, sales personnel, production engineers, manufacturing personnel and service technicians to provide technical solutions for our customers' air emission control needs. This position will be responsible for both equipment retrofits and new equipment projects. The Application Engineer will be primarily focused on Dry Electrostatic Precipitators with additional support responsibilities for Fabric Filters. Additionally, they may be involved with any of the following primary emission control equipment; Wet Electrostatic Precipitators, Wet and Dry Flue Gas Desulfurization, Selective Catalytic and Non-Catalytic Reduction Systems, Evaporative Coolers, Venturi Scrubbers, Acid Gas Scrubbers, and Thermal and Catalytic Oxidizers.
- Communicate with the sales team and customers to evaluate the processes, specifications, and requirements for the project.
- Participate in sale meetings with customers in a technical expert role.
- Develop technical solutions and work with the sales team to generate proposals.
- Lead or participate in developing proposals for multi-unit operation emission control equipment projects.
- Sizing of process equipment to include T/R sets, rotary valves, screw and drag conveyors, vibrators, purge air skids, heaters, etc.
- Develop performance-based specifications for process equipment and process requirements for instrumentation.
- Work with drafting to create preliminary engineering drawings for use during the sales process.
- Estimate equipment capital and operating costs.
- Provide final process engineering calculations and process specifications for projects.
- Collection of field operating data and troubleshooting process issues.
- Provide technical service to customers relating to use, operation and basic maintenance of equipment.
- Assist with process evaluations and compliance testing at customer sites.
- Participate in product development and standardization activities.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience - Ten or more years related experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment with knowledge of pollution control equipment specifically Electrostatic Precipitators.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Multi-tasking - Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and other pertinent systems. Oracle is a plus.
DOE Clearance Required?: No