- Complete structural analysis and design of components such as ductwork, equipment housings, and structural steel framing. Includes cost optimizing equipment designs in terms of shell thickness and stiffening.
- Apply best practices in terms of machine design in directing designer resources.
- Select materials of construction for equipment based on functional requirements.
- Drive product improvement and innovation to achieve best in class designs.
- Perform equipment sizing calculations and develop specifications for purchased components.
- Perform heat transfer analyses as needed for equipment design. Includes sizing of heat recovery equipment, determining insulation requirements, and design of industrial dryers.
- Participate in work at customer sites to resolve technical issues or collect data on equipment performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in completing structural analyses for industrial equipment.
- Experience using Finite Element Analysis in completing structural designs.
- Strong background in heat transfer and fluid dynamics preferred.
- Experience in performing or reviewing Computation Fluid Dynamic (CFD) models preferred.