- You will be given the required training, support and development a key member of the Operations Team, specialising in the servicing and commissioning of End of Line equipment (Final Assembly Systems e.g. wheel alignment, rolling roads etc.) and cross training to Fluid Fill Systems.
- Main duties will be to carry out routine service and calibration work for the equipment. Reactive work when breakdowns occur. Support plant teams during projects e.g. commissioning of new equipment, carrying out modifications.
- Main technical contact for UK customers.
- You will become responsible for providing effective commissioning of PFS equipment to achieve operational performance and acceptance of Durr Limited equipment following installations and modifications. You will decide on methods used for individual test operations, conduct or instruct operatives accordingly and provide all relevant commissioning documentation.
- You must have a relevant Engineering qualification such as an Apprenticeship, HNC/HND or degree in an Electrical or multi-skilled engineering discipline.
- You will have already gained some practical hands on work experience in an engineering environment. Experience of maintenance, service and/or installation of process plant is required; in particular with automated equipment.
- You will have experience from within the Automotive Industry, working on highly automated equipment out in the field.
- You will have PLC experience (Siemens or similar) and C, C+, C++ or C Sharp Programming knowledge/experience (for fault finding).
- You will have good PC skills with the ability to use MS office applications. You must have excellent communication skills, have the ability to liaise with the customer at all levels. The ability to supervise and manage contractors is desirable.
- You will be methodical and accurate with strong communication and problem solving skills. You will be self motivated and have the ability to prioritise and plan workloads and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. You will need to have a flexible approach and be able to work independently and within a team.
- Although our Head Office is in Warwick, you will spend the vast majority of your time working on customer sites around the UK and sometimes overseas, for either short or extended periods. You will therefore need to be flexible with regards to travel and working time since weekends and some shifts will be required. When not at customer site, you will be based at home.