Person will be responsible for the design of custom machinery that meets project specifications by exercising critical judgment in creating designs that perform functionally while considering key aspects of safety, cost, code compliance, producibility, ergonomics, aesthetics, etc.
- Designs will be created in AutoCAD Inventor (3D) and or AutoCAD14 (2D). Detail designs will include: general arrangement, complex assembly, layout detail, and fabrication drawings; which will be completed by the Project Engineer or by one or more designers under his/her direction depending upon the size and complexity of the equipment for the project.
- Project and Design responsibilities include: correct sizing of components, calculations needed to ensure functionality, meeting the cost budget and schedule of the project, interface with customer regarding specs/design and project status, coordinate with controls engineer for seamless functioning of mechanical equipment with electrical controls, understanding of regulatory codes for web handling and coating equipment, manage design changes through ECOs, provide technical input to operator manual, support operations during procurement and assembly, support service during testing and commissioning, et. al
- Process knowledge of coating and web handling (especially foils) is key to being able to design custom equipment for unique process applications.
- Candidates must have experience designing industrial web handling and/or coating machines.
- Field or testing experience is also preferred.
- Typical web handling machines include unwinders (single spindle and auto-splicing), infeeds (tensioning device), web/belt guides, chill rolls, rewinders (single spindle and auto-splicing), calendaring machines, et. al.
- Experience in slot die coating and/or comma coating machine design is also preferred.
DOE Clearance Required?: No
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time