- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Assist crews in problem solving and procedure development
- Record keeping, monthly reports, accident/safety reports, attendance, discipline, timesheets.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders and assigns duties to workers.
- Facilitates the implementation of procedures, and programs, including but not limited to Lean Manufacturing, Five “S” and Kaizen. Ensures manufacturing compliance with said programs and procedures.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hiring’s, evaluations, and promotions.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Provide input to employee relations matters including the collective bargaining process.
- Maintain knowledge of union contract and correctly apply terms, conditions, and procedures of contract.
- Associate’s degree (two year college or technical school); or work equivalent. Bachelor’s degree (four year college or technical school0 preferred.
- 5 plus years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or sheet metal fabrication setting.
- Training in lean manufacturing and/or six sigma is a plus.
- Microsoft Office, SAP experience helpful, but not required.