- Updating software and devices with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource.
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans.
- Configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls, web filters and anti-virus software.
- Consulting with staff, managers, and executives about the best security practices and providing technical advice.
- Training staff to understand company security policies and protocols.
- Periodically test and verify backup and disaster recovery plans work.
- Review and address security items in Splunk dashboard, including blacklisted software and vulnerabilities.
- Administer and support digital certificates used in the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or four years’ experience working in Cyber Security or related field
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- A Master’s degree in n Computer Science or Cyber Security may be advantageous
- Advanced training certifications may be advantageous