- Operate safely all basic equipment that is part of the fabrication department such as hand brake, shear, saw, drill press, hand plasma, grinders, cutting wheels, etc.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on welding equipment as indicated by supervisor.
- Material handling of in process work and finished goods including operation of pallet jacks, forklifts, and overhead cranes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all established standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Follow all safety and PPE requirements per established company policies.
- Perform welding tasks (steel, stainless steel) upon completion of welding test.
- Understanding of NDT such as dye checking welds.
- Communicate ideas for improved operational processes to reduce cost, improve quality, and increase through-put.
- Work well with other team members to complete projects efficiently and on time
- Lead by example.
- Blueprint reading
- Possess the ability to apply basic math skills using decimal and fractions.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and use an imperial and metric tape measures.
- Prior welding experience in fabrication shop desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Technical welding degree