The Field Service Technician for Dürr MEGTEC will travel commissioning, maintaining and repairing Dürr MEGTEC products which may include: Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTO), Electrostatic Precipitator’s (ESP), Coating Lines and similar products manufactured by other suppliers.
70% travel required.
This position can be based anywhere in the U.S. if you are within 1 hour of a major airport.
- Provide in the field technical startup and troubleshooting support for all Dürr MEGTEC products.
- Provide customer technical and operational training.
- Utilize test equipment including but not limited to: multimeters, PLC’s, Hart communicators, tachometers and other similar testing equipment.
- Promote safe working environments on customer installed equipment.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on customer equipment install base.
- 3-5 years servicing or commissioning similar industrial equipment.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work with and understand electricity, pneumatics, electronics, mechanics, HVAC and drives, as well as a proven mechanical aptitude.
- PLC experience, HMI’s and VFD’s, as well as industrial electromechanical experience is preferred.
- Ability to be a team player and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel throughout North America.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or related field, or equivalent experience.
Guaranteed 40 hours pay weekly, overtime over 40 hours and weekend work is all overtime.
Fully paid travel time to and from customer sites.
Paid daily per diem when traveling/working.
Home office when you are not working/scheduled.
Targeted travel time is 70%.
Travel rewards program points are yours to keep.
Hands on training/mentoring program, not just classroom.
Work Locations: This position can be based anywhere within one hour from a major airport.
DOE Clearance Required?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time