The Field Service Technician will be responsible for field service work including equipment inspections, maintenance, and install supervision on Electrostatic Precipitators and other Environmental Equipment including: Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTO), Scrubbers, Baghouses and similar products manufactured by Dürr MEGTEC and other suppliers. This position can be based anywhere within one hour from a major airport.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide preventive and predictive maintenance inspections on customer equipment. Mainly, but not limited to, Electrostatic Precipitators.
- Creating inspection reports detailing the status of the equipment and identifying future repair work.
- Provide field installation management for equipment retrofit upgrades including managing sub-contractors
- Investigate customer equipment issues and work with the technical team to determine nature and extent of problem.
- Understand technical drawings and schematics including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic or process specifications to ensure installation and operations conform to required standards.
- Identify opportunities to promote and sell other MEGTEC services, upgrades, equipment or spare parts kits to existing customer install base, including non MEGTEC manufactured equipment.
- Establish customer relationships by ensuring field work is completed on time and meets the customer’s expectations.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of equipment installation and personnel involved onsite.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in installation activities including using hand tools and equipment as necessary.
- Promote a safe working environment
- Education: Associates Degree in technical field, or related field experience
- 5 plus years servicing Electrostatic Precipitator equipment or related industrial equipment.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Word required
- Ability to understand or learn basic concepts of electricity, pneumatics, electronics, airflows, gas flow, HVAC and drives, as well as a proven mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be a team player and work well with a variety of personnel.
- Willing to Travel approximately 75% of the time
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems by communicating with office personnel and component vendors.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee and customer safety.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customer’s needs while following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stressful situations
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
Work Locations: This position can be based anywhere within one hour from a major airport.
DOE Clearance Required?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time