- Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly and other manufacturing operations utilizing manufacturing models for guidance of productions workers.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods received from methods of engineering departments.
- Creates and maintains master production schedule to establish sequence and lead times of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Assigns dates and schedules of all aspects of manufacturing.
- Determines lead times and communicates lead time information to sales.
- Uses judgement and specialized knowledge to move operations as needed to meet customer requirements and minimize impact on other jobs.
- Provides reports to management and production on work updates, project status and bottlenecks. Track and expedite critical areas.
- Distributes work orders to departments, denoting number, type and proposed completion date of units to be produced.
- Reviews, enters and maintains records relating to IMC’s (Item Master Changes).
- Evaluate routing for accuracy when sales order is complete
- Determine if production will be constrained in future periods; load level production plan and identify and work with production plant on potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment or outsourcing
- Participate in meetings and keep up-to-date on issues related to Sales Forecast, Manufacturing, Planning, New Product introductions, Metrics and other related Supply Chain issues.
- Resolve issues by presenting various alternatives
- Associates degree in manufacturing or inventory control or equivalent experience desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Computer experience with Oracle or SAP preferred but not required.