"Striving for excellence in safety" is the title of our corporate strategy for this area. The principles and processes of this strategy are explained in a handbook available to all employees.
- Safety briefings for all new employees (including measures in the case of an accident, evacuation procedures, contacts for safety issues)
- Regular briefings for all employees and groups of people requiring special protection (e.g. minors, pregnant women, employees coming into contact with chemicals)
- Briefings for Dürr's own employees and subcontractor staff at every Dürr site
- Organizational guideline on health and safety matters is available to all employees via the intranet
- Regular information provided by the employee magazine (since 2017)
- Presentations and events at Dürr locations
- All accidents and (since 2017) near-accidents (incidents without injury) must be immediately reported to the health and safety manager responsible for the site or the location
- Immediate action must be taken if necessary
- Information on the incident must be provided to all health and safety managers worldwide and to the CEOs of the Group companies
- The cause of the accident must be analyzed and findings communicated worldwide and at all Group levels
Hyundai Motors has presented Dürr India with the Safety Appreciation Award. In May 2017 the Dürr subsidiary completed four modification projects in parallel within a tough schedule and, above all, without any accidents. At the Hyundai site in Chennai (India), 25 engineers and six safety officers from Dürr coordinated an average of around 100 subcontractor staff per day. The team worked a total of 28,560 hours without any accidents.
TVS Motors, India's third largest manufacturer of two-wheeled vehicles, presented Dürr once again with the "Safety Excellence Award" in March 2019. Dürr India received the award for the continuous support in ensuring safety at the production premises.
Dürr has erected a paint shop in Tianjin (China) for the Chinese joint venture FAW-Volkswagen. At the beginning of 2018, this carmaker presented the "Excellent Project Safety Manager" award to Dürr's health-and-safety officer on site, Jin Biao, and project manager Qian Jin. Our photo shows Jin Biao together with a representative from FAW-Volkswagen.