As a globally active innovation leader, the Dürr Group contributes to the achievement of several of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UN agenda 2030
With the Agenda 2030 adopted in 2015, the United Nations made a commitment to a comprehensive environmental and social reform program in order to take decisive steps toward sustainable development within 15 years. The Agenda 2030 includes 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
As an innovation and technology leader, we have a direct influence on the provision of clean and environmentally compatible technologies. Here, the Dürr Group is already making a contribution to greater efficiency and resource conservation through its R&D activities in many areas. We intend to expand this contribution by further developing sustainable and digital product solutions and services.
- Over the past 15 years, we have been able to reduce the energy requirement of paint shops by around 40%, the VOC emissions and the fresh-water consumption per painted car body by more than half and unit costs by 25%.
- With our air pollution control systems installed worldwide, our customers are able to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by a total of around 100 million metric tons annually.
- We have more than quadrupled our R&D expenditure over the past ten years to currently €107.7 million.
The health and well-being of our employees and business partners are an essential prerequisite for our success and an important basis for safe and sustainable regional development. With our Group-wide health and safety strategy “Striving for Excellence in Safety”, we aim to safeguard the integrity of our employees and business partners, provide a safe working environment and minimize health risks.
- The Group-wide sick leave rate in 2020 remained stable at 3.1%, as in the previous year.
- In 2020, we recorded 4.7 work-related accidents per 1 million hours worked across the Group, which was around one third less than in previous years.
- In 2021, we are preparing the certification of further locations according to the occupational safety standard ISO 45001. The first locations in Germany and abroad are already certified according to this standard today.
As part of its own value creation, the Dürr Group contributes to the environmentally compatible use of natural resources. We are committed to reducing the negative environmental impacts of our business activity and, wherever possible, to increasingly establishing elements of the circular economy. By developing a climate strategy in 2021, we want to ensure greater transparency concerning our CO2 emissions and make an active contribution to combating climate change—both for internal company activities and upstream and downstream activities.
- Since 2010, we have been able to reduce our global CO2 emissions in relation to sales by around 25%.
- With our technological solutions, we want to make a contribution to profitable and sustainable growth in the areas of timber house construction and solid wood in the future.
- In 2021, we will expand the environmental certifications in conformity with ISO 14001 at our international locations.
As a globally operating employer, we have an influence on the regional employment situation and foster a secure work environment respectful of human rights in our surroundings. This not only refers to fair treatment on an everyday basis and high-quality training qualification of our own employees, but also extends to compliance with social and environmental aspects in our global supply chain.
- In 2020, we employed 16,525 employees at 120 locations in 33 countries.
- Our engagement in the emerging markets has increased more than threefold over the past 10 years with currently 5,559 employees.
- Since 2010, we have almost quadrupled the number of apprentices, trainees, working students and interns (2020: 721 and 2010: 198).
Diversity and equal opportunities are part of the fundamental values which guide our actions in the Dürr Group. We combat bribery and corruption in any form. Through appropriate internal structures we also want to ensure that our employees act ethically and in conformance with the rules in business operations. We emphasize our responsibility toward society and the environment by participating in sustainability initiatives.